Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 13 & 14 and Overall Course

Week 13


This week we got to leave the classroom and visit GOODWILL! Going to goodwill was an awesome experience. We got to see how things worked from when someone brings in donations to finalizing what goes out on the floor to sell. My favorite part of the field trip would be that Goodwill employs people with special needs. They help each person get into a job area that fits them best. They work on time management, and overall being ready for work! This is an amazing opportunity for them to be able to work, earn money, learn things they may not of had an opportunity for!

Week 14


This was our last week of class. I really wish Sue Whitney could of came to talk to us about junking, because I think what she does is really cool! But, we had fun going over our junking projects! Everyone had awesome projects, they were very creative and things that will be useful too! :) I am sad that it was our last class, I wish we had it next semester too! Also Carrie and Ashley brought us an awesome last treat of chocolate covered strawberries and puppy chow, it was delicious! 


Junking Project!



Overall Course Reflection


This was my favorite course that I have ever taken in college. It is because of what I learned, they are things that I can use in my life and our also life changing. This course opened up my eyes to things that I had no idea was going on. The biggest eye openers were watching all the documentary's, they were life changing for me. I had no idea these things, were going on in the U.S. isn't this supposed to be the land of plenty and where everyone gets these amazing opportunities? It was shocking. 


I also loved the eco-chic lifestyle change! I think everyone could change one thing in their life to improve the environment! I am going to keep up with my lifestyle change and because of this class I am going to try to get others to change something in their lives as well. :)


Also. blogging...I love to blog now! I may continue on when I get a job to communicate with co-workers about events and things about health. I was unsure at first if I could get a hang of it, but it turned out to be fun! 


After this class, I am going to try and continue on to help improve our environment, making it better. Even if it is one small step, all the small steps together make a difference. I am going to miss this class and everyone in our class! Good Luck everyone with finals and if your graduating Congrats & Good Luck!







3 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I'm really going to miss this class too and everyone in it... it really has opened my eyes completely and I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved visiting GoodWill two Mondays ago! The man who toured us seemed like he loved his job and made me want to work in his position Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodwill was SUCH a good experience. So glad we got to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete